My set of cameras – I currently only own two Canons.
- Canon 450D — April 2008
- My first digial single lens reflex camera. Many photos were made with that, in it’s later years also many snapshots.
- Canon 80D — December 2016
- The second Canon I got. It lets you record video too, but it lacks 4K quality.
Objectives / lenses
A good lens is very expensive, so not much premium lenses may be found here :)
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4 IS — April 2008
- This is the kit lens of the Canon 450D.
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM — July 2008
- My first objective that is not a kit-objective bundled to a camera. I took a photo of [my parents house] over the Ötztal valley.
Today, its electric motor is broken and therefore no autofocus works.
- Sigma EX DC 10-20mm f/4 HSM — October 2009
- A long time my favourite lens, but it is not very sharp (at least not that sharp as I wish it was). Still I took many photos with it, also timelapses and star-trails were mostly made with this one (until now).
- Sigma EX DG 150mm f/2.8 APO HSM Macro — April 2010
- Another Sigma lens, I haven’t used this one as much as I would. But as far as I remember, there are good results coming from that lens.
- Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/2.8 IS NanoUSM — December 2016
- This is the kit lens of the Canon 80D. A good allrounder if you ask me.
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Pancake — January 2017
- I haven’t shot one picture with that yet. This was a dumb buy …
- Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Pancake — January 2017
- I used this lens a lot recently, mostly because my camera fits perfectly into nearly everything with that small lens on it. It has no infinity marker. So it’s rather tricky to capture stars with this – I wish I would have bought a “L” 24mm instead.
- Samyang MC CS II 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye — June 2017
- This lens is totally manually adjustable. As a side effect, there is no EXIF data about that lens in any photo.
Other gear / Accessories
A wide range of additional stuff useful for photography.
I currently have two tripods – but in fact I only use one.
- Sirui T-2204X Traveler — December 2016
- I bought it together with the 80D, in order to have a proper tripod to use.
- Velbon CX-560/F — April 2008
- It is still in use for timelapse videos sometimes. Mostly, when I need a heavier tripod. It’s made out of aluminium, so it gets very cold at night. I’d never buy an alu tripod again.
Filters have become more important in my photography screnarios.
- Rollei filter holder for 100mm filters
- I guess it does not matter what make you use here, but I had a plastic one before (not mentioned in this list) that did not last long and so I bought a more expensive holder. I’m very happy with this one yet.
- Soft Nano IR GND 8
- Hard Nano IR GND 8
- Reverse Nano IR GND 8
- ND 1000
- ND 8
- ND 4
Everything else that is not categorized
Stuff that does not fit in a category.
- Canon Speedlite 430EX II — October 2009
- The second flash unit I bought. The first one was not reliable.
- Yongnuo Speedlite YN568EX II — January 2017
- My second flash unit. I’d set this equal to the 430EX II by Canon. I works fine.
- Yongnuo YN-622C-TX E-TTL remote flash control — January 2017
- Yongnuo YN-622 II i-TTL/YN-622 C II E-TTL remote flash reciever — January 2017
- Sekonic Flashmate L-308S light meter — June 2016
- JJC TM-C remote release and timer release — January 2017
- I usually create my star-trail pictures with this one. It has a power button.
- Rode VideoMic Pro microphone — December 2016
- including a dead-cat VMPR wind protector
- Mantona New York photo bag — December 2016
- My big photo bag. I’m already on its limits.
- XTREMplus Powermove L photo backpack — January 2017
- For small tours and hikings I prefer this one. On bigger tours I take my Salewa 42 liters backpack.